- They are fictional users, representative of our real users; a representation of our goals and behaviour of a hypothesised group of users.
- Synthesised from interviews with real user, it is a 1-2 paged descriptions that capture:
- other details germane to the product such as
- behaviour patterns
- their environment (context)
- What? Defining personas allow us to define what tasks a user might be completing. Would it vary depending on persona?
- What? What devices are your users most likely to user? mobile phones (higher with users in their twenties)
- How? Users who want to browse vs Users who want specific content.
- task depended or user dependant, Browse and search.
- Product personality questions:
- If the interface were a person, what would she or he be like?
- How would you expect users to react when they first view the product?
- How would you describe this product to a friend?
- How is the product different from competitive products?
- Which celebrity (or car, movie, etc.) is the product most like?
- Most like?